Kerning Signage at the Getty Museum, 1997

Note below that I'm not pointing at the sign itself but at the space between the "T" and the "e". (Manually adjusting the space between letters is called kerning.) If your cell ever fails at the Getty and you need a public phone and find it by one of these signs, remember — that space is mine!
For the West Pavilion sign outside (next image), I had to kern the "W" and the "e". I had to kern dozens of room signs, too. (See last image.)